The VIA 5 is a gigabit Ethernet switch designed specifically for lighting, sound and video signal routing in permanent installation applications. With optional built-in connectors for LC multimode fiber.
Unlike switches designed and marketed for office and communication applications, VIA 5 ships pre-configured and optimized for entertainment network use, with 5 RJ45 copper ports and one optional connector for LC Multimode fiber. When needed, VLANs and other Layer 2/3 management features are easily accessed and configured through the Pathscape software suite.
- Trap Art-Net and convert it to sACN
- IGMP querier and snooping, DHCP per VLAN
- Dante-compliant QoS option
- Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP)
- Five RJ45 ports supporting 10/100/1000Base-T speeds
- One optional multi-mode LC fiber optic port
- 24 or 48VDC Power Input
- Mounts to 35mm DIN Rail
- Hardware supports PoE (requires 48VDC power supply)
- 24 or 48VDC power input
- Operating conditions: -10 to +50°C,10-90% relative humidity, non-condensing
- 1.5A power consumption
- IEEE 802.1AB Link Layer Discovery Protocol
- IEEE 802.3af—Power over Ethernet
- RoHS 2002/95/EC
- 0.70 lbs (.316kg)
- 3.6” x 8.0” x 1.5” (91mm 200mm x 38mm)
- Art-Net trap-and convert to sACN (per-port): Broadcast Art-Net packets are detected as they enter the switch port. The packets are converted to sACN packets using the same universe. Multicast filtering may be applied to these packets to reduce bandwidth usage and improve routing efficiency.
- Alternate Art-Net Mapping: Enabled by default, routes Art-Net Universe 0-0 as sACN Universe 1. When disabled, Art-Net Universe 0-0 is ignored and the packets are dropped.
- DHCP server and client on a per-VLAN basis.
- Link local auto-IP support (used when dynamic IP is chosen in the absence of a DHCP server)
- PoE Enable/Disable on a per-port basis. PoE is enabled by default. When disabled, the port will not provide PoE to a connected device, regardless of the PoE allocation settings.
- QoS (Quality of Service) user-settable on a switch-wide basis. May be set as Off; Standard; or Dante™-compliant.
- Active multicast groups are shown (switch-wide); multicast subscriptions shown per-port.
- Bandwidth meter added, per port.
- IGMP snooping added. Do not run snooping on more than four VLANS at the same time.
- IGMP querier added. At least one, preferably two, queriers must be running in tandem with IGMP snooping, or multi-cast will fail.
- Per VLAN network settings added.
VIA5 Gigabit Ethernet Switch, no Fiber
VIA5 Gigabit Ethernet Switch, with LC Fiber Connector