Simple, powerful configuration tool for all Pathway devices.
Pathscape™, the successor to Pathport Manager, is a free software suite for configuration of Pathway's entire product line including VIA™, Pathport™ gateways, Pathway Connectivity eLink™, Cognito2™, Choreo™, NSB™, Vignette™, and eDIN™ interface cards (using RDM). No need for multiple applications: everything needed to set-up, configure and troubleshoot your Pathway products, is included. Pathscape comes bundled with the latest firmware for all Pathway products.
V4.1.3 adds support for "Rental Security Mode", for Pathway devices with a front panel display and encoder (OCTO, QUATTRO and rackmount VIAs) running firmware V6.1 (included with this release). This allows the end user to permanently opt out of the security features offered by Pathscape. (eLink is currently not included). Pathscape 4.1.1 also improves the DMX Patch Grid, adds a new Ping Device function and overally has greatly improved performance, especially for large networks.
V4.0 adds support for Pathway ssACN, Pathway's secure, authenticated Network DMX protocol that keeps your lighting data secure from end-to-end. This new feature requires devices to be running version 6.0 firmware (included with Pathscape). Version 4.0 also adds Wall Station view, a tab that shows the status, live state and allows interaction with NSB and Vignette wall stations on your network. Also adds support for new products (eLink), and many other quality-of-life improvements and an overall smoother, better User Experience.
V3 implements Security Domains to keep your network safe from malicious "bad actors", denial-of-service attacks, or ransomware. Security domains only function with version 5 firmware which is shipped with all new products as of January 1, 2020. Pathscape Version 3 functions as you would expect on all existing products. V3 Also adds support for SixEye cloud-based Remote Monitoring and Management software.
V2 boasts a new View Manager with many stock views based on network management tasks. You may also save your own views including visible columns, column order, sort order and filtering then take them with you to other networks.
Pathports were the trail-blazers in Ethernet DMX512 distribution known for their slot-by-slot patching of outputs. A new patch editor has a familiar grid view so configuring entire universes is as easy as moving a checkmark. For more in-depth systems use the advanced editor for line-by-line patching which offers common tools like cut, paste and fill. And for the real pros, there is a command line. RDM Discovery and property settings are accessed in a table view or the traditional properties window.
VIA switch management has been streamlined to make sure your network is configured properly the first time. Setting up VLANs, IGMP, EAPS, RSTP and DHCP is a breeze and configuring your network for Dante strict QoS is a single property. Vignette has been more fully integrated into Pathscape so items appear exactly like any other Pathway product. Snapshots and Zones are children of their Playbacks and each change their properties like everything else, using the Transaction Editor.
- Bug fix: Offline Device Replacement and Show file load didn't load Vignette snapshots/zones
- Bug fix: Pathscape can echo Vignette events while running wh ich results in more predictable levels when moving a slider with the mouse
- Bug fix: Pathscape would hang when discovering RDM devices with RDM subdevices. Examples of RDM subdevices are: dimmers in dimmer racks, or relays in a relay panel such as SNAP
- Bug fix: Pathscape didn't limit snap/zone creation to 64 - you could type in any integer, but only 1-64 were valid
- Bug fix: Removing clock events could sometimes result in an empty row in the Device View
- Bug fix: Vignette snapshots and zones won't send over multicast. As a reminder, the dot is colored to show a device's state: red is offline, yellow is network subnet issues, and green is a valid unicast connection between the device and your computer. Pathscape can send many properties over multicast (yellow)
- Bug fix: Clock events loaded from a show file were not editable
- Bug fix: Transactions were created for Vignette clock upon show file save when no actual change had been made
- Bug fix: Devices tab didn't sort correctly upon view selection
- Bug fix: VLAN Config tab selections not always highlighted in blue
- Bug fix: VIA12 TE did not appear in the VLAN Config tab
- Bug fix: Advanced universe editor not properly supporting more than two sources
- New Feature: Rental Security Mode - for Pathway Connectivity devices with a front UI (QUATTRO, OCTO and VIA rackmount gear), firmware v6.1 allows an end user to permanently opt out of the security features offered by Pathscape.
- New Feature: NICs evaluated during runtime
- New Feature: Ping added to Right-Click menu
- Change: Performance - Greatly improved performance with large networks
- Change: Zebra Striping in DMX Patch Grid
- Change: Other cell colors in DMX Patch
- Change: Multi-Select in DMX Patch
- Change: DMX Patch Buttons
- Change: ETH: Link Up - with firmware 6.1, front display of OCTO and QUATTRO will show "ETH: Link Up" vs the "N" icon to show network connectivity
- Change: Red highlights in Transaction Editor
- Change: Gray text for non-editable values
- Change: Subdevice selection across tabs - if you expand a Pathport, for example, to see its ports and select one, when you move to the DMX Patch Tab that port will remain selected, and vice versa
- Bug fix: Waking up on MacOS - if Mac goes to sleep while Pathscape is running, the message viewer may queue many messages and cause Pathscape to display the wait cursor
- Bug fix: Errant rows after a Rediscover - cleaned up. Past releases may have caused some rows filled with "N/A" until view was manually changed
- Bug fix: Virtual Console - Virtual Console "Stop DMX" button crashed when transmitting Pathport protocol, as well as stopping DMX on all protocol apart from sACN may have sent random values in the last frame
- Bug fix: Spurious Online/Offline messages - cleanups for devices that were in wrong subnet range and for Cognito/Choreo going on & offline
- Bug fix: MacOS Dark Mode - some text was obscured when editing in dark mode
- Bug fix: Auto Identify - fixed behavior where this did not always work correctly on the selected device
- Bug fix: ssACN on Local Security - Devices set to Local Configuration Only (Read-Only) mode (formerly called Locally Secured) are not allowed to transmit or receive Pathway ssACN
- Bug fix: EAPS Ring Protection - Multiple fixes
- Bug fix: LLDP on Gen1 OCTO and QUATTRO - now reporting LLDP partner correctly
- Bug fix: RSTP vs IGMP - if IGMP Snooping and RSTP were enabled, may have taken up to 30 seconds before multicast forwarded sACN flowed on a link that went active. Has been reduced to seconds
- Bug fix: Input Ports stale data - Pathport will stop receiving Network DMX if an input port to the same Universe went inactive on the same device. May have been seen on Vignette Gateways with DMX ports
- Known Issue: Limited RDM PID Support - Some Manufacturer-specific Properties are not shown
- Known Issue: Offline RDM Devices - Even with background discovery on, RDM devices that go offline will still appear online (green dot) in Device view
- New Feature: Support for eLink
- New Feature: New Device Icons - Each Pathway Connectivity device shows its own product family icon, including Pathport, VIA, Vignette, NSB, eLink and Cognito/Choreo.
- New Feature: Pathway ssACN. Pathway ssACN complies with cyber security laws, specifically California Civil Code Title 1.81.26, Security of Connected Devices which came into effect January 1, 2020. The law states that any device having an IP address must not be used by unauthorized personnel. ANSI E1.31 is an open, unsecure protocol and its use violates the spirit of this law. Pathway ssACN is feature compatible with E1.31 but adds a level of authentication, making sure only the authorized controllers can make DMX in your venue.
- New Feature: Virtual Console and Datascope support ssACN
- New Feature: Device Restore Points. Firmware Version 6.0 devices have the ability to save a copy of their local configuration and recall it at any point
- New Feature: Replace Device. Show files or sessions having devices offline (shown by a red dot in the Status column) have a right-click option to Replace the device with an online device of the same type
- New Feature: Wall Station View. To show the status and interact with NSB and Vignette Wall Stations, a new tab renders each Wall Station, including its live state (position of sliders; up/down state of buttons and color of LEDs).
- New Feature: Vignette Playback Status
- New Feature: Ability to Change Domain Name
- New Feature: Ability to Remove Device from Domain without Factory Default
- New Feature: Transaction Editor has "Send Selected" button to send only selected Transactions, as well as "Send All"
- New Feature: PoE Reset Right-Click option on VIA Ports
- New Feature: Contact Closure features for Pathports and eLink
- Change: Transaction Editor.
- Transactions that cannot be completed will appear in Red (offline devices, not in current security domain)
- Status column added. Typical messages are "Ready to Send" or "Device is offline"
- Column header allows sorting of transactions
- Login button is always on right-hand edge of toolbar, regardless of window width
- Change: Menus and Toolbars.
- Toolbar grouping and order has been changed to better reflect work flow
- Main menu reshuffled and regrouped with better organization of tasks
- Right-click menus hide rather than disable (grey-out) unavailable options making context more precise
- Change: Updated Views.
- Vignette Snapshot and Zone views show current Playback Status
- Wall Stations show the parent device for buttons and sliders
- Pathport Input and Output views format appropriately for eLink Paths
- VIA Ring Protection status added
- DMX Patch Grid Port Direction cell split into two controls: Enable/Disable & Input/Output direction
- RDM UID format change to always show yyyy:xxxxxxxx
- Many other small changes/improvements
- Change: Property groups and nomenclature cleanup
- Can launch VLAN Global Properties editor from button added to the VLAN Group in the VIA VLAN Properties. As before, you can still launch the VLAN Global Properties editor with the button in the VLAN Config tab. Also appears in the NETWORK menu.
- A Custom Universe Editor button has been added in the Port Patch properties group. (Also in the eLink’s Network DMX Data Path property group). Previously the only way to open the Custom Patch editor was from the DMX Patch Grid view
- All Unsecured Protocols (Receive Art-Net, ShowNet, E1.31 sACN and Pathport) are visible even if Allow Unsecured RX has not been checked. Previously these were conditionally hidden, making it harder to find how to turn on reception of standard protocols
- Network Transmit and Network Receive Protocols have been split into their own properties groups
- Network Partner (LLDP) has its own property grouping. You will find this on VIA Ports and on the base device of devices plugged into VIAs. The partner name and port is reported. If the name is blank, the MAC Address is shown.
- The properties box is drawn wide enough that a horizontal scroll bar is not needed to see all its controls.
- Wherever nomenclature has been adjusted in Pathscape, front panel user interface terminology has been updated in device firmware.
- Change: Cognito & Choreo
- Controllers can join a Pathscape Security Domain. Select JOIN DOMAIN from SETUP | SYSTEM | GENERAL and then use Pathscape to add it to the Domain.
- In the Network DMX properties of INPUT/OUTPUT, Pathway ssACN Universe Offset has been added to the list of supported protocols
- sACN Priority has been added to Network DMX Properties. This will affect E1.31 sACN and Pathway ssACN. Cue and Memory Actions have been added to changesACN Priority has been added to Network DMX Properties. This will affect E1.31 sACN and Pathway ssACN. Cue and Memory Actions have been added to changePathscape v4 Release Notes 4this value on the fly if desired to hand off control or take control from other consoles
- In the Play Memories task, the green Memory Page tool bar shows an icon with a DMX XLR if the Memory Page has been mapped to DMX In in SETUP | INPUT/OUTPUT DMX INPUT
- In SETUP | SYSTEM | LANGUAGE there are two properties to select the language for the User Interface and for Hints
- Bug Fix: CogPC and Datascope on same machine. If CogPC was running on the same machine as Pathscape, launching the Datascope tool would crash Pathscape
- Bug Fix: View DMX On Port works on Security Domains. The Right-Click menu option for a Pathport Port to “View DMX On Port” didn’t work within a Security Domain. As Pathports can listen to multiple protocols and multiple patches, the resulting merge to the 512 slots output by port can be viewed using this method. Similarly, if the Port is set as an Input, the raw data can be viewed by right-clicking on the port and selecting this option.
- Bug Fix: MacOS progress bar in Firmware Transfer. On Mac, the progress bar showing the transfer of firmware in the Firmware Upgrade dialog didn’t animate.
- Bug Fix: Contact Closure Action removed form base device. At present, the Contact Closure action is limited to eLink Paths or Pathport Ports. There was no need to have a combo box showing actions on the base device. Instead, the state (open or closed) is shown as a read-only property in the base device.
- Bug Fix: eDIN VIAs' power reporting. The VIA8 and VIA16 were not reporting Insufficient PoE power errors. If your PoE devices attached to these switches do not power up with this firmware, please check the value of the PoE External Power Supply (W).
- Bug Fix: Window Layout. Visible toolbars and Properties, Message Viewer and Transaction Editor’s size and layout remembered between sessions.
- Bug Fix: Mouse in Virtual Console. The Virtual Console would wrap from FF to 00 when using the mouse wheel. It’s now pegged at Full.
- Bug Fix: RDM in Security Domain. As RDM discovery can potentially have a visually negative effect on the stage (flickery lights with non-compliant gear), you must be logged into a Security Domain before doing a manual RDM Discover.
- Bug Fix: DHCP Pool. If you changed the size of the DHCP Pool of IP address on a VLAN with a DHCP server active, some changes would not take effect until the network was rebooted.
- Bug Fix: Password Entry Dialog Box. On macOS, ENTER closes the dialog regardless of which control is active. On entry, the password field is selected by default allowing typing without a mouse click.
- Bug Fix: Re-record of Snapshot keeps name. Existing Vignette Snapshots having names and fade times would default to blank names and 5s fade time when re-recording them. The existing properties persist when DMX level data is updated.
- Bug Fix: VIA8 and VIA16 defaulting IP address. Doing a factory default was defaulting its IP address. This has been fixed and now functions the same as Pathport Gateways.
- Bug Fix: VIA8 10Mb links. VIA8 ports using Autonegotiate, if connected to a 10Mb device may have reported Link Down in Pathscape.
- Bug Fix: Front panel display of Custom Universe Names. Using the front panel of the QUATTRO or OCTO, if you changed a port’s patch from a custom universe to a standard universe, when you return to an idle state and scroll to the Port for status, it still showed the Custom Universe name, not the standard universe name.
- Known Issue: Limited RDM PID support. Some Manufacturer specific properties are not shown
- Known Issue: Offline RDM Devices. Even with background discovery turned on, RDM Devices that go off-line will still appear on-line (green dot) in the Device view.
- Known Issue: Waking up on MacOS. If you leave Pathscape running as your Mac goes to sleep, the message viewer may queue many messages and cause Pathscape to display the wait cursor.
- Known Issue: Huge Network Performance. If your network is VERY large (for example 500 Pathports, or about 200 universes), you may experience performance issues. Please contact technical support while we improve performance; we have an interim solution for you with a slightly reduced feature set.
- Known Issue: VIA PoE View bar graphs. The stock PoE view has green bar graphs that draw the current live load on the port. If you choose to hide the “PoE Alloc” column and save a new view, the bar graphs will not update live.
- Known Issue: Multi-Select in Patch Grid. Although you can multi-select ports in the DMX Patch grid to set standard universes, you cannot presently enable or disable ports the same way. This must be done one port at a time.
- New Feature: Vignette Clock events are fully integrated as children of the clock in the Device View and have their own Properties Pane. Pathscape 2 did not support Clock Events, and Pathscape 1 had a separate Vignette tab for editing Clock Events
- New Feature: Rediscover Network Devices button added
- New Feature: PoE Reset button per port for all VIA Switches running V5+ firmware
- New Feature: SixEye support for all VIA 675X switches
- Bug Fix: Loading of show files while offline allows you to edit devices that are part of a Security Domain
- Bug Fix: RDM Discover on offline devices caused crash
- Bug Fix: Transactions already sent stay highlighted yellow
- Bug Fix: Logging into Security Domain made you reselect a device before properties were editable
- Bug Fix: Could set Vignette Snapshot Fade Time to 0 seconds
- Bug Fix: RDM Discover not available if RDM turned off on port
- Bug Fix: Devices showing green padlocks after Administration password entered, but User not logged in
- Bug Fix: Clearing a general Filter was clearing canned view filters
- Bug Fix: Dramatic increase in performance when loading show files
- Bug Fix: Disabled DMX ports non-editable in DMX Patch Grid
- Bug Fix: When adding Security Domain, printing of Recovery Key was scaling to the wrong print size in some Operating Systems.
- Change: Vignette Record Now: label changed to Record Snapshot #
- Change: Updated canned views and new views including SixEye Status & Vignette Clock Events
- Change: Before logging into a Security Domain, the number of devices in the domain appears in parentheses after the domain name
- Change: NFP+ Output ports now show in DMX Patch Grid
- Change: VIA Ports at 10GB use purple icon
- E1.31 sACN Default Transmit Priority is conditional on E1.31 sACN Transmit Priority Slot being non-zero
- New Feature: Added Support for new VIA Models (VIA12 TE)
- Bug fix: Recovery key PDF was not always formatted correctly
- New Feature: Added Support for new VIA Models (VIA8)
- New Feature: Added output universe selector to Properties Pane
- Bug fix: Recovery Key was not shown on Domain creation on Windows
- Bug fix: Fixed bug assigning certain output patches to ports
- Bug fix: App installer Notarized on macOS
- New Feature: Security Domains
- New Feature: Adds Support for SixEye Remote Monitoring and Management
- New Feature: New Device Views system. Including tree/table view, sorting, filtering, and column chooser
- New Feature: Added support for NSB + Vignette
- Improved Feature: Better Vignette Snapshot and Zone editing
- Improved Feature: Global properties for VLAN configuration
- Bug Fix: Fixed crash in Virtual Console
- Bug Fix: Fixed crash in DMX Patch Grid
- Known Issue: RDM devices don’t go offline
- Known Issue: Limited RDM property support
- Known Issue: No Vignette Clock events editing support
- Added support for VIA switches
- Added Datascope and Virtual Console
- Added auto-identify
- Improved Feature: DMX grid multi-select and right click menu
- Bug Fixes: Showfile transactions and DMX grid
- Known Issue: RDM devices don’t go offline
- Known Issue: Limited RDM property support
- Added support for 632x version of Quattro
- Added support for 642x version of Octo
- Added support for Vignette & NSB 3-Slider Inserts
- Bug fix: VIA16 Link status icons were always grey
- Bug fix: RSTP property now in Network Properties
- Bug fix: Device List filter was hiding device children
- Added support for new product VIA16
- Added support for new product Vignette Clock
- Added support for new properties in Vignette (no. of universes, sACN triggers)
- Bug fix: Allow defining single DMX slow Vignette zone entries with just the start channel
- Bug fix: Virtual console sends wrong sACN sequence number
- Bug fix: Fixed firmware transfer failures due to network packet loss
- Known issue: Show file does not save DMX patch or Vignette snapshots/zones
- Bug fixes for Windows Installer
- Supports Show File Save & Load. Last show file is now automatically loaded on startup
- "Open Recent" flyout menu added
- "New Show" button added
- Supports Choreo eDIN
- DataScope monitoring tool and Virtual Console tool supports ShowNet
- Patch Map saves XY position of items with Show File
- In Patch Map, "Align Items" button aligns items in natural sort order
- When loading a show file, devices not yet online will show a yellow dot next to them. Once online, the dot will change to green, as before
- Removed "Zoom All" and "Aerial View" buttons from Patch Map toolbar
- Patch Map item colors updated
- "Refresh Device" button added
- "Filter" button removed from Device and Message window. Filter is applied automatically when text entered into "Filter" text field