SHIPPING BY APRIL 2020
The VIA12 is a twelve copper port (plus two SFP+ ports for 10GB fiber convertors) Gigabit Ethernet Switch designed specifically for lighting, sound and video signal routing in all entertainment production systems, including live shows.
Unlike switches designed and marketed for office and communication applications, VIA12 is convection cooled and ships as an unmanaged switch, pre-configured and optimized for entertainment network use. Layer 2 and 3 management features are enabled and configured through the front panel interface and the Pathscape software suite.
- Trap Art-Net and convert it to sACN
- Features include IGMP querier and snooping, DHCP server per VLAN, bandwidth monitor, Dante-compliant QoS option, EAPS, ring protection, Rapid Spanning Tree (RSTP)
- Silent operation - fanless, convection-cooled design
- Illuminated LCD display and rotary encoder for displaying and setting switch and port properties
- Global properties editable from front panel interface: IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, VLAN configuration, Link speed, PoE allocation, DHCP pool, ring protection
- Properties displayed by front panel interface: Switch Name, Port Name, PoE usage, Serial Number, MAC address, firmwareProperties displayed by front panel interface: Switch Name, Port Name, PoE usage, Serial Number, MAC address, firmwareversion, connected devices (LLDP compliant), link status and speed,bandwidth monitor
- Model 6750-P features an integrated 100W PoE supply for powering compatible external devices
- Up to 15W of Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) may be allotted to each copper port (6750-P Model)
- Twelve locking Ethercon RJ45 ports (ten on front panel, two on rear) support 10/100/1000Base-T speeds
- Two mini-GBIC ports on rear panel, for SFP or SFP+ fiber modules (1000Base-LX, 1000Base-SX, 10GBase-SR or 10GBase-SW)
- Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP)
- Includes rack ears; wall and truss mounts available as accessories
- 100-240 VAC 50/60 Hz wide-ranging power input
- 0.3A maximum power consumption (6750 model)
- 1.3A maximum power consumption (6750-P model)
- Operating Conditions: 14°F to 104°F (-10 to +40°C), 5-95% relative humidity, non-condensing
- IEEE 802.1AB Link Layer Discovery Protocol
- IEEE 802.3af—Power over Ethernet
- California Title 1.81.26, Security of Connected Devices
- 5.3 lb (2.4 kg)
- 17"W x 1.7"H x 7"D (432mm x 43mm x 178mm)
All features of previous model 6740, plus:
- Supports Security Domains
- Supports SixEye Remote Monitoring and Management
Some Pathway Connectivity VIA switches allow for the end user to add a fiber adapter. Pathway part number 6799 is a Small Form Factor Pluggable (SFP) 850nm Ethernet Optical Transceiver that enables a maximum cable distance of 550m (0.3 miles) over multi mode fiber using an LC duplex connector.
If you need further distances or have different fiber specifications, please use the following as guidelines for selection:
1. The form factor must be stated as SFP (not SFP+, XENpack or others).
2. The fiber connector is LC Duplex.
3. The SFP must support Optical Gigabit Ethernet, typically referred to as 1000BASE‐SX or 1000BASE‐LX.
4. The SFP must match the type of fiber installed, either Single Mode or Multi‐Mode.
5. The SFP must support the distance required, which in turn determines the optical wavelength. 850nm is typically used for runs up to 550m, while 1310nm is typically used for runs up to 10km.
We strongly recommend each end of the connection use an identical SFP.
When the SFP module is inserted in the switch, the Module Present LED will light up. If an incompatible
module is detected, the Error LED will light up. The Port status, on the LCD screen, for Port 11 (VIA10) will indicate 1000BASE‐LX or 1000BASE‐SX, as well as the link status.
The VIA10 will only work with 1000BASE fiber modules, and will not work with non‐fiber (SFP modules
that convert to Gigabit copper) or 100BASE fiber modules. The VIA12 should work with these other SFP
modules, but has not been tested.
When connecting a VIA to another manufacturer’s switch using fiber, please bear in mind that some
switches check the manufacturer’s ID, as announced by the SFP, and will only connect to a matching
brand. VIA switches do not perform a manufacturer’s ID check, and should work with any SFP module
meeting the criteria above (Cisco, Finisar, Netgear, etc.)
VIA12 Gigabit Ethernet Switch, 12 Port
VIA12 Gigabit Ethernet Switch, 12 Port, 100W PoE on-board
Wall Mount Kit
Truss Mount Kit
SFP+ 850nm 10GB Ethernet Optical Transceiver (VIA8, VIA12)
SFP 850nm 1GB Ethernet Optical Transceiver (VIA8, VIA12, VIA16)