Unlike switches designed and marketed for office and communication applications, VIA ships as an unmanaged switch, pre-configured and optimized for entertainment network use, with twelve Ethercon® RJ45 copper ports and two OpticalCON® DUO locking connectors for multi-mode fiber. When needed, VLANs, EAPS and other Layer 2/3 management features are easily accessed and configured through the front panel interface.
- Trap Art-Net and convert it to sACN!
- IGMP querier and snooping, DHCP per VLAN
- Dante-compliant QoS option
- Illuminated LCD display and rotary encoder for displaying and setting switch and port properties
- Global properties editable from front panel interface: IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, VLAN configuration
- Properties displayed by front panel interface: Switch Name, Port Name, PoE usage, Serial Number, MAC address, firmware version, connected devices (LLDP compliant), link status and speed, bandwidth
- EAPS—Ethernet Automatic Protection Switching (rapid ring failure detection and correction)
- Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP)
- Twelve locking Ethercon RJ45 ports (ten on front panel, two on rear) support 10/100/1000Base-T speeds
- Two locking OpticalCON ports on rear panel support multi-mode LC fiber optic lines
- Wide range input power supply with Powercon® In and Thru accommodates all countries mains voltage and frequency
- 1 RU high housing with integral rack ears fits 19” rack
- Hardware supports PoE (requires external power supply)
- 90-250VAC wide-ranging power input
- Powercon AC Input and Through connectors
DO NOT CONNECT MORE THAN 6 VIA LC SWITCHES TOGETHER ON ONE AC INPUT
- Operating conditions: -10 to +50°C,10-90% relative humidity, non-condensing
- 1.5A power consumption
- Speakon® locking connector for 48VDC external PoE supply
- IEEE 802.1AB Link Layer Discovery Protocol
- IEEE 802.3af—Power over Ethernet
- RoHS 2002/95/EC
- 5.2 lb (2.4 kg)
- 17 x 6 x 1.7 in (432 x 150 x 40mm)
- Art-Net trap-and convert to sACN (per-port): Broadcast Art-Net packets are detected as they enter the switch port. The packets are converted to sACN packets using the same universe. Multicast filtering may be applied to these packets to reduce bandwidth usage and improve routing efficiency.
- Alternate Art-Net Mapping: Enabled by default, routes Art-Net Universe 0-0 as sACN Universe 1. When disabled, Art-Net Universe 0-0 is ignored and the packets are dropped.
- DHCP server and client on a per-VLAN basis.
- Link local auto-IP support (used when dynamic IP is chosen in the absence of a DHCP server)
- PoE Enable/Disable on a per-port basis. PoE is enabled by default. When disabled, the port will not provide PoE to a connected device, regardless of the PoE allocation settings.
- QoS (Quality of Service) user-settable on a switch-wide basis. May be set as Off; Standard; or Dante™-compliant.
- Active multicast groups are shown (switch-wide); multicast subscriptions shown per-port.
- Bandwidth meter added, per port.
- IGMP snooping added. Do not run snooping on more than four VLANS at the same time.
- IGMP querier added. At least one, preferably two, queriers must be running in tandem with IGMP snooping, or multi-cast will fail.
- Per VLAN network settings added.
VIA12 +2 Gigabit Ethernet Switch
Auxiliary External PoE Power Supply, 100W, for VIA12, with Speakon connector